Simply put, it is a reproducible measure of fast your machine can encode a short HD-quality video clip into a high quality x264 video file. It's nice because everyone running it will use the same video clip and software. The video encoder (x264.exe) reports a fairly accurate internal benchmark (in frames per second) for each pass of the video encode and it also uses multi-core processors very efficiently. All these factors make this an ideal benchmark to compare different processors and systems to each other.
- Added the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 desktop processor (overclocked to 3.4 GHz).
- Added the Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 desktop processor (overclocked to 4.41 GHz)
- Added the Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 desktop processor.
- Added the Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 desktop processor (overclocked to 3.75 GHz).
- Added the Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 desktop processor.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 3.12 Size: 32.2MB Works on: Windows