SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and more. One of the most interesting features of SMPlayer: it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to watch a movie but you have to leave... don't worry, when you open that movie again it will resume at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume...
* A serious bug has been fixed: sometimes smplayer failed to find subtitles
* Implemented the possibility to mark an A-B section, to play a part of the
* (Linux) smplayer doesn't use alsa as default audio driver anymore. It should
fix freezing problems on Ubuntu.
* Possibility to display the video resolution and frames per second in the
* Audio: selection of left or right channel does work now.
* (Linux) Improved support for vdpau.
Product page: here