UltraDefrag is a powerful Open Source Defragmentation tool for the Windows Platform. It can defragment any system files including registry hives and paging file. Also one of the main goals of UltraDefrag is doing the job as fast and reliable as possible.
* Progress is now added to the GUI window caption, so it is displayed in the tooltip of the taskbar icon.
* Cryptic single character progress label was replaced by the localized operation names.
* Partial defragmentation was added to decrease the number of fragments even when there is no free space on disk to concatenate all fragments of the file.
* Volume optimization algorithm was improved to prevent useless additional optimization passes.
* One little bug preventing optimization from being stopped was fixed.
* Volume optimization algorithm was improved to prevent skipping heavily fragmented parts of the volume.
Boot time interface:
* call, man, type commands added to the boot time shell.
* echo, exit, pause, set commands improved.
* History of commands typed in interactive mode added. Use arrow keys for navigation.
* Escape key handler added to break boot time script execution and fall into interactive mode immediately.
* Pending boot-off boot time script command support added, this removes the limitation of boot-on/off not working before reboot/shutdown.
* Clearing of the failed boot flag added for reboot and shutdown at boot time.
* 10 seconds delay is skiped on boot time scan, if only one keyboard is present.
Command line interface:
* Corrected cluttered progress display if console output was redirected.
* Added language selector to the GUI package.
* Hindi translation was added.
* The following translations were updated: Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here