BleachBit quickly frees disk space, removes hidden junk, and easily guards your privacy. Erase cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, remove unused localizations, shred logs, and delete temporary files. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean 70 applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Adobe Reader, APT, and more.
Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster.
* In Firefox 3 delete DOM Storage.
* In Google Chrome, clean Cookies.
* In Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, and Internet Explorer, verify BleachBit deletes evercookies. Make sure in BleachBit to remove Flash Cookies (Local Shared Objects).
* Clean VLC (VideoLAN Client)'s .ini configuration file.
* Test Traditional Chinese translation.
o Test under Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat.
o Test under Mandriva 2010.1.
o When running as root (or administrator/sudo), open a web link such as the Help - Contents. It should not open a web browser.
o Test Adobe Reader, Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Office, Opera, Safari, Seamonkey, Thunderbird, Yahoo Messenger. A change was made in how these find the %localappdata% directory, especially on Windows XP.
o Delete Internet Explorer cookies: this now includes DOM Storage (HTML 5 cookies).
o Delete Internet Explorer history: this now includes the last session.
o Delete Silverlight cookies.
o Vacuum Safari.
o Clean Safari cookies: it should remove local storage (HTML 5 cookies).
o Clean Safari history: it should remove the last session.
o Clean memory dumps. To create a dump manually on Windows XP:
1. open regedit
2. goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesi8042prtParameters
3. create key called CrashOnCtrlScroll as dword
4. set value to 1
5. reboot windows
6. press right CTRL and then SCROLL LOCK twice
Tools and Utilities
0.8.1 Beta 1
Product page: here