Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
* Saving an image is now fault-tolerant. If there is an error or crash while saving, the original file will be left alone.
* Worked around a bug in some plugins that are incorrectly using the built-in Gaussian Blur effect. For example, Sharpen+. Now they won’t crash.
* Fixed a bug with Edit->Paste into New Image, where the new image would be 1 pixel too wide or tall, as reported at http://forums.getpai...-paste-problem/
* Fixed a bug with the Rectangle Select tool and Fixed Ratio selection, which would be off by 1 pixel, as reported at http://forums.getpai...atio-is-inexact
* When pasting an image from Paint.NET into Paint.NET, it will be a little smarter about where it puts the image. Previously, if the location wasn’t within the viewport, it would be placed at the top-left corner of the viewport. Now it will find the nearest point along the edge of the viewport to place the image.
* The EXIF rotation ("orientation") metadata is now discarded when opening an image, which was causing aggravation with images that could then never be reoriented correctly using Image->Rotate
* The EXIF tags for JPEG thumbnail data are now correctly discarded.
* Fixed a handful of memory leaks.
* Fixed a typo in the Italian translation. In the setup wizard it was referring to "Pain.NET" (woops)
3.5.7 build 4068
Product page: here