New Features and Fixes
- One of the most requested Mozilla Mail features, an option to separate the
Recipient and Sender columns in the thread pane, has been implemented.
- Another frequently requested MailNews feature, a preference for placing
the user's signature above the quoted text, has been added.
- "Remove from server after x days" has been implemented for POP3
- vCard support has been added to Mozilla Mail.
- Mozilla 1.6 includes a new cross-platform NTLM authentication mechanism.
This feature brings NTLM authentication to the non-Windows Mozilla users for
the first time and also delivers more robust and featureful NTLM support to
users of older Windows versions.
- Ask Jeeves searching has been added to Mozilla 1.6.
- "Translate Page" functionality has returned to this release of
- The View Source window now has reload functionality.
- Several security-related bugs were fixed in 1.6
- Chatzilla 0.9.48 has been merged, which adds RPL_ISUPPORT support, halfop
mode support, and properly masks key and password dialogs.
- Many crash bugs have been fixed.
- One step closer to the kitchen sink, about:about has been implemented.
Typing about:about in the address field will give the user a nice list of
These are items that have been added to the Known
Issues page since the last milestone, although the bugs themselves may have
- File | Compact Folders for imap accounts now compacts all imap folders in
the account, and their offline stores, if any folders are configured for
offline use. Previously, this command just compacted the selected folder. To
compact just the selected folder, you should now use the folder context menu
command Compact this Folder. (Bug 230672)
- On non-Windows systems, pasting in Composer and HTML message compose from
the first character of the line can fail. (Bug 228688)
Internet and communication
Win, Mac , Linux
Product page: here