PassMark BurnInTest is a software tool that allows all the major sub-systems of a computer to be simultaneously stress tested for endurance, reliability and stability.
- As BurnInTest exercises system components, it is possible for faulty hardware or device drivers to cause software exceptions. These are normally seen as Windows reporting an "Access Violation". Changes have been made to handle these errors for the memory tests (for faulty RAM) and direct device driver access (for some device driver errors), as well as overarching more generic handling of these types of errors.
- Corrected a software failure bug on startup (particularly Vista) where a DirectX function was causing software failures in "dsetup.dll".
- Updated the "Activity Event" generated with the periodic results summary report to be numbered (from 1 upwards) such that when "Logging->Summarize" is specified, these activity events are not summarized.
- Corrected a bug where the HTML log name could include a duplicate of the filename prefix.
- Updated the Common Errors section of help.
- Corrected a 'zip' version cleanup problem.
Tools and Utilities
5.3 build 1010
Product page: here