Dell Latitude C600 sets house on fire

Posted on Monday, Sep 04 2006 @ 00:27 CEST by Thomas De Maesschalck
A British family explains how the batteries of their Dell Latitude C600 notebook exploded and nearly set their house on fire
Mr Allen said: "As we all decided to go back in, the laptop exploded.

"There are six batteries inside a compartment, and they were shooting out like fireworks, like rockets.

"They even bounced off the ceiling, they went up that high.

"I tried to extinguish the laptop and cover it over with a towel. I tried to carry it outside, but it was still exploding and I let go of it.

"As I dropped it, more batteries came out like fireworks. A couple of them hit the ceiling then bounced on the floor. Another one hit the ceiling and set fire to the carpet. My wife was jumping on it to put it out.

I chucked the laptop outside and went in to put the settee out as that was burning, too."
More info at Leicestershire.


About the Author

Thomas De Maesschalck

Thomas has been messing with computer since early childhood and firmly believes the Internet is the best thing since sliced bread. Enjoys playing with new tech, is fascinated by science, and passionate about financial markets. When not behind a computer, he can be found with running shoes on or lifting heavy weights in the weight room.



Loading Comments