DV Hardware - bringing you the hottest news about processors, graphics cards, Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, hardware and technology!
   Home | News submit | News Archives | Reviews | Articles | Howto's | Advertise
DarkVision Hardware - Daily tech news
January 27, 2021 
Main Menu
News archives

Who's Online
There are currently 193 people online.


Latest Reviews
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard
Sonos Move
Ewin Racing Flash gaming chair
Arctic BioniX F120 and F140 fans
Jaybird Freedom 2 wireless sport headphones
Ewin Racing Champion gaming chair
Zowie P-TF Rough mousepad
Zowie FK mouse

Follow us

Intel Tulsa and Tigerton to conquer 4-way server market

Posted on Thursday, February 01 2007 @ 16:34:08 CET by

Intel will position the dual-core Xeon 7100 Tulsa processors as the main force for the 4-way server market in the first half of this year. In the second half, the company will release its new Tigerton processors.
The rollout of Tigerton in the third quarter will coincide with the final stages of a phase out of Intel's Netburst architecture-based processors, ushering a new era of Core microarchitecture-based processors, noted the sources.

According to Intel's current plans, Xeon MP series CPUs (Potomac and Cranford) will phase out in the first and second quarters of 2007, followed by the Dual-Core Xeon 7000 sequence (Paxville MP) in the third. With the old processors retired, Tulsa will perform as the leading 4-way processor in 2007, noted the sources.

In the first quarter, Tulsa will take up 85% of the production ratio for 4-way server processors, rising to more than 97% in the second, the sources said. However, when Tigerton is released in the third quarter, Tulsa will scale back to take up 85% with Tigerton accounting for the other 15%. In the fourth quarter, Tulsa will be demoted further taking 45% while Tigerton becomes the leading processor with 55%, added the sources.



DV Hardware - Privacy statement
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2021 DM Media Group bvba