Recently GEIL has launched a new blazing fast memory module which is able to run at PC4200/DDR533! And most likely these modules will even go a little bit higher. Ideal for extreme overclockers on the Springdale/Canterwoods which like to run their CPU and memory 1:1.
Because of the extremely high MHz aggressive timings were not possible, standard they are running at CAS 3 8-4-4.
PC4200 533Mhz Dual Channel DDR Ultra Platinum Version : Specifications
Available only in 512MB (2X256MB) and 1GB (2X512MB) Dual Channel DDR Ultra Platinum Kits.
- 184pin, Non-ECC, Un-buffered, high performance DDR memory modules.
- Hand Picked 3.5ns GeIL Chips
- 6 Layers Ultra Low Noises Shielded PCB board.
- Optimized SPD for Intel’s 875/865 chipset Dual Channel DDR motherboards.
- Tin Coated Platinum - Copper Heat Spreader
- Lifetime Warranty
- CAS 3 8-4-4 Running @ DDR533Mhz PC4200
- Retail package with neon green clear acrylic case and instructions.
Price of these modules is unknown. What I do know is that 2x256MB PC4000/DDR500 modules from GEIL cost $155.00 over at Newegg. So they will not be cheap.