ATI has released its Catalyst 7.7 July drivers. This edition features new Catalyst Control Center Avivo features, 12x and 24x AA support for the Radeon HD 2900 XT and HD 2600 and some performance improvements.
New Catalyst Control Center Avivo features
Catalyst 7.7 releases a number of new Avivo features and enhancements which optimize video playback and display configuration. These include:
* Enhanced video color pages with two new color controls1: flesh tone correction and color vibrance
* Enhanced video quality pages with easier to use deinterlacing controls and layout
* Simplified Theater Mode controls, layout and now supporting Windows Vista
* Enhanced quick settings for video controls (available through the basic layout in Catalyst Control Center)
* Easy to use display scaling controls when outputting to display devices that support TV timings (480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p) through either digital (DVI or HDMI) or analog (component) interfaces
Note: some of these features require Windows Vista and/or a ATI Radeon X1000 or HD 2000 series graphics card.
12x and 24x Anti-Aliasing support for the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT and ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series
This release of Catalyst introduces support for 12X and 24X Anti-Aliasing for the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, and ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series. These new Anti-Aliasing settings are available through the new Anti-Aliasing Edge Detect Filter. Selecting 4X Anti-Aliasing plus selecting the Edge Detect filter deliver the equivalent of 12X Anti-Aliasing. Selecting 8X Anti-Aliasing plus selecting the Edge Detect filter deliver the equivalent of 24X Anti-Aliasing.
The ATI Radeon HD2400, HD2600 and HD2900 (single and CrossFire) can see performance improvements of 13.2% or more in various Far Cry maps.