|MOBILITY RADEON 9700 will power notebooks from such industry leaders as Acer, Alienware, Fujitsu-Siemens, Gericom, LG, Medion, Packard Bell, rockdirect, Samsung, Targa and VoodooPC. In addition, leading original design manufacturers such as Asus, Clevo, Compal, ECS, FIC, Quanta, Uniwill and Wistron will offer notebooks including the MOBILITY RADEON 9700.
ATI worked closely with TSMC, to develop and implement a low-k technology for the MOBILITY RADEON 9700. TSMC’s low-k technology reduces device capacitance at the interconnect level to enhance the performance of ATI’s proprietary technologies that are built into the MOBILITY RADEON 9700.
“The emergence of low-k products such as the MOBILITY RADEON 9700 is a prime indicator of a fundamental shift in semiconductor process technologies,” said F.C. Tseng, deputy chief executive officer at TSMC. “TSMC is the only foundry with two generations of production-proven low-k based semiconductor processes, enabling companies like ATI to make great strides in device performance and optimization. The introduction of MOBILITY RADEON 9700, brings low-k technology into the mainstream, fully harnessing these new capabilities for mobile users around the globe.”
- Key features of the MOBILITY RADEON 9700 include:
- Introduces low-k technology for the fastest mobile performance and longest battery life;
- Most advanced mobile technology to drive over 100 of the top DirectX® 9.0 game titles;
- Four powerful rendering pipelines that deliver the ultimate cinematic visuals;
- Features POWERPLAY™ 4.0 so you can get the most life out of your notebook battery - without sacrificing performance;
- First in the industry to deliver SMARTSHADER™ Effects which delivers a unique visual experience to the look of games; and
- Features ATI's VPU RECOVER for the industry's most stable 3D acceleration software