The RADEON 9700 is an absolute champion. Moreover, I think that the developers from ATI will response to NVIDIA with new drivers with a good optimization without quality losses.
- The RADEON 9700 Pro based video cards are the most powerful game accelerators for the beginning of autumn.
- They have a powerful system of image displaying on two monitors one of which can be a TV screen; quality of the integrated TV-out is very good and supports 1024x768.
- RADEON 9700 contains the DirectX 9.0 support which is not tested yet.
- High-speed 400 MHz RAMDACs provide superb pictures on both heads; 2D quality is perfect on the whole.
- The current RADEON 9700 carries all advantages of the modern 3D architecture, including a progressive ÀÀ - MSAA, top-quality anisotropic filtering which can be combined with the trilinear one, operation with multiple textures etc. (not to mention DirectX 9.0)
- Unfortunately, I can't demonstrate advantages of the AGP 8x over 4õ. It's either on the account of the drivers from ATI or SIS, or maybe the 4õ mode is just sufficient for the modern games, as well as 128MB of memory. In future we will touch upon this question once again to make study operation of the AGP 4x/8x. We will also look at the difference between these modes in tests of professional applications.
Review : Gigabyte MAYA II R9700Pro 128MB
Posted on Monday, Sep 09 2002 @ 17:41 CEST by Thomas De Maesschalck
Digit Life has made a long review of Gigabyte's Maya II R9700PRO 128MB Ram , with loads of benchmarks and comparision screenshots between the Radeon 9700 and the GeForce 4 :