Toshiba unveiled five new Satellite notebooks; the new Satellite U405, Satellite M305, Satellite M305D, Satellite A355 and Satellite A305 models.
These Satellite laptop computers have a useful technology feature-set, stylish design characteristics and cutting-edge computing advancements that meet the needs of families, students and small businesses in terms of entertainment, productivity and personal expression. Features that can be found within the Satellite laptop series include:
* Toshiba Face Recognition: Each Satellite laptop is equipped with Toshiba Face Recognition software, an innovative feature that offers users a fun and convenient way to access their computers using an embedded Webcam.
* USB Sleep-and-Charge Ports(1): Users can charge their portable electronic devices such as MP3 players, mobile phones, digital cameras and PDAs with Sleep-and-Charge USB ports, whether the laptop is powered-on, off or in hibernation mode.
* Fusion finish with Horizon design: A stunning, high-gloss Fusion finish with Horizon design sets the Satellite brand apart from the competition with its bold and appealing look.
* Feather-Touch multimedia control buttons: A collection of touch-sensitive LED multimedia controls add a stroke of elegance while making it easier for users to access their DVD/CD media at the touch of a button.
* eSATA Combo Port: Select Satellite models are equipped with an eSATA port, which enables the high-speed transfer of files between the laptop and an external hard drive with transfer rates up to five times faster that standard USB 2.0.
* Built-in FM Tuner: Select Satellite models include a built-in FM tuner, which allows users to enjoy their favorite FM radio broadcasts directly from their Satellite laptop.
* ATI Hybrid CrossFireX™: Select models of the Satellite series are available with ATI Hybrid CrossFireX graphics(2), which deliver an ideal blend of discrete and integrated graphics to help gaming and movie viewing appear more vivid, exciting and realistic.
For users that seek even greater affordability options, Toshiba offers the Satellite L305, with a 15.4-inch TruBrite® widescreen display and the Satellite L355 laptop with a stunning 17.1-inch TruBrite widescreen high-definition display. With a starting price of $699.99(3), both laptops are perfect for budget-minded users that desire essential technology features, such as Wi-Fi connectivity and a built-in Webcam.
The new Satellite laptop models are available in both Intel and AMD CPU configurations and can be purchased at a variety of major consumer electronics and computer stores nationwide or directly from Toshiba at www.toshibadirect.com. Detailed product specifications and feature information can be found at www.explore.toshiba.com/satellite.