But first a warning: If you decide to install this then you will lose all your customized emoticons and logo's. And a working version of MSN Plus! for MSN7 is still unavailable at this moment.
Download it here (approx. 6.84MB):
Image courtesy of TC Magazine
How to remove the tabs in MSN7 ?
# Hit start -> run -> regedit
# Look for the section HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft MSNMessenger PerPassportSettings
# Open all the sections consisting out of a number combination.
# Select the DWORD DisableTabs (if not present, create it)
# Change its value to 1
# Repeat this step at all number combinations
# Close and restart MSN Messenger
Or check out this guide
How to stop the annoying nudges and winks
Go to the menu tools, options: tab messages. And uncheck "allow people to send me nudges" and "play winks automatically".
How to import your old display pictures in MSN 7
- Close MSN Messenger
- Open C: Documents and Settings%username%Application DataMicrosoftMSN Messenger in explorer.
- Copy all the directory`s consisting out of a number
- Open C: Documents and Settings%username%Application DataMicrosoftMSN Messenger (BETA) in explorer.
- Hit paste, and choose to overwrite things if asked
Second way (thnx to LeoX):
- Open MSN 7.0 Installer
- Click Repair
- Let it repair and click Finish
- Dont open MSN just yet. Install your addons for (BETA), Banners etc,
- Open MSN 7.0 and Voila!
Thanks to Mess.be
There's also a patch over at TC Magazine
This patcher will perform the following issues:
-Added Polygamy (Allow user to use multiple MSN Messenger in one OS)
-Fixed sign in name length problem.
-Removed ADBanner, (BETA) word, Tabs, Search Bar and MSN Today button.
Custom games patch
This patch adds 11 custom-build quality games like Tetris, Chess, Yahtzee and Hangman to MSN Messenger. It also adds a few games that are only available in certain world regions.
More info and download over at games.mess.be