ATI today announced the availability of a powerful new chipset family for AMD desktop platforms – the RADEON XPRESS 200 series. Built on the principles of performance, connectivity and reliability, RADEON XPRESS 200 provides AMD customers with a best-in-class platform for enthusiast gaming, high definition home entertainment, and rock-solid enterprise computing.
The chipset series supports Socket 754 and 939 AMD desktop processors and is comprised of the RADEON XPRESS 200 with integrated graphics and the pin-compatible RADEON XPRESS 200P, which allows for high performance add-in graphics. With the introduction of the RADEON XPRESS 200 series, ATI is delivering its fourth generation chipset and providing systems integrators and OEMs with unparalleled levels of choice, flexibility and performance in the design of next-generation AMD-based desktop PCs.
RADEON XPRESS is planned to be available from leading platform technology manufacturers and OEMs including, HP, Medion AG, Falcon Northwest, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Acorp, Shuttle Computer, Jetway, Soyo, ECS, Tul, FIC, and PC Partner.
Leveraging the power of ATI discrete graphics processing, RADEON XPRESS 200 delivers ATI’s next generation of industry leading integrated graphics. Based on RADEON X300 core technology, users benefit from a variety of features including Vertex Shader 2.0, Pixel Shader 2.0 and improved anti-aliasing capabilities. The graphics power of the RADEON X200 is backed up by CATALYST, the most stable WHQL-certified graphics driver on the market today. In addition, through ATI’s innovative HyperMemory technology, RADEON XPRESS onboard graphics are further accelerated with up to 128 MB of system memory.
In addition to the industry’s fastest integrated graphics solution, RADEON XPRESS 200 delivers a new level of platform connectivity and performance with such features as:
- Broad connectivity through four SATA ports with RAID 0 and 1 support, eight USB ports, one PCIe 16X graphics slot and four PCIe 1X slots
- Rich multimedia with support for high definition audio, onboard DVI and VGA outputs for multi-monitor support and ATI’s LCD Enhancement Engine for improved LCD response time
- High reliability through PCI Express-based Gigabit Ethernet, VPU recover, TPM 1.1 and 1.2 authentication, and support for AMD virus protection
- Support for up to 1Ghz HyperTransport with additional overclocking flexibility
- Through supporting end-to-end PCI Express connectivity RADEON XPRESS allows for simplified integration of third party southbridges for specialized solutions.
"The partnership with ATI, the leader in visual imaging, aligns well with our business strategy to increase market share in the PC core logic segment,” said Alex Kuo, president of ULi Electronics Inc. “The combination of ATi’s powerful RADEON XPRESS series of chipsets and ULi’s highly integrated M1573 South Bridges presents a multitude of platform solutions with unprecedented performance and features to support all the latest 32-bit and 64-bit mainstream CPUs.”
ATI unveils RADEON XPRESS 200 series
Posted on Monday, Nov 08 2004 @ 19:05 CET by Thomas De Maesschalck