Spire introduced a new HandyBook enclosure with USB 3.0 support, this device supports a 2.5" HDD or SSD and features tool-free installation. It should be available in retail stores for around $24.99 (18.90EUR).
Spire announced today that its HandyBook SSD/HDD Drive Enclosures are now available with USB3.0 compatibility. Keep your data safe and cool in the Spire all new HandyBook 2.5-inch SATA to USB3.0 Hard Drive enclosure. The HandyBook is a nifty little enclosure, great design in both appearance and functionality. Keep your data potable and stored safely inside the Spire HandyBook, allowing you to operate the hard drive plug and play at any time. The HandyBook can be opened at the touch of one button. Simply place your drive into the enclosure, connect it to your computer and start transferring your data at blazing speeds. The HandyBook is made with a special dual-layer design that reduces noise and is lightweight for maximum portability.
Guaranteed quality the HandyBook USB3.0 is portable solution offered by Spire - Powered by innovation.
* 2.5'' HDD/SSD Enclosure, supports the newest 2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD.
* USB3.0 and 2.0 compatible, high-speed data transfer
* Compact in size, easily fits into your pocket
* Lightweight, no more than the average mobile
* Plug & Play and hot swappable
* Including USB cable for direct operation
* Bus-powered, no external power needed
* Screw-free installation, no tools required
* Vibration proof design Aluminum alloy cover for the best heat dissipation.
* Easy to backup, copy and move your computer stored data
* Copy, move and place files by simply drag and drop
* Works with notebook, Mac and desktop PC
The HandyBook USB3.0 is compatible with both the newest Universal Serial Bus 3.0 Specification Revision 1.0 and the older Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0.