Eurocom introduced a new line of 15.6" and 17.3" Full HD gaming laptops with Intel's Core i5 and Core i7 mobile processors and NVIDIA's Optimus technology. You can check out the full specifications over here.
Eurocom’s new line of gamer-friendly notebooks features NVIDIA's Optimus technology, which intelligently switches graphics between 1GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT330M and Intel HD integrated graphics to deliver optimal battery life (up to 240 minutes).
It also offers a choice of 15.6” and 17.3” Full HD 1920x1080 displays and comes with Intel Core i5 and Core i7 technology.
The EUROCOM Fox line is available for order today starting at $999 for 15.6" B5100M FOX and $1199 for 17.3" B7110 FOX model.
Eurocom FOX line of gamer-friendly notebooks features special VGA Optimus button that allows the user to switch between Optimus Mode (where GPU switching is automatic) and UMA Mode (for constant power-saving with he integrated GPU only).
- In the UMA Mode system will use only integrated GPU (part of Intel’s Arrandale technology) for maximum power-saving.
- In the Optimus Mode will allow the system to automatically determine whether to use discrete GPU (dGPU) and integrated GPU (iGPU) depending on task and/or application.
Thus the user can completely control how the graphics system operates just by pressing the VGA button – the button light will indicate the current mode.
- Green color: UMA Mode Activated. The system will use the integrated GPU (iGPU) only
- Orange color: Optimus Model Activated. Optimus technology will determine automatically when to use the integrated GPU (iGPU) or discrete (dGPU).
There are also two separate GPU LED indicators displaying which GPU is in use; Green - Integrated GPU (iGPU) activated; Orange - Discrete GPU (dGPU) activated
15.6” or 17.3” Full HD 1920x1080 LED Backlit Display
Up to 16GB of DDR3-1333
Two 204-pin SODIMM modules
VIDEO / GRAPHICS
Supports switchable graphics NVIDIA Optimus Technology
Intel integrated GMA HD GPU and NVIDIA GeForce GT330M
a) Intel GMA HD integrated GPU:
- Intel DVMT (Dynamic Video Memory Technology) automatically and dynamically allocates as much as up to 1748MB system memory (RAM) as needed to the integrated video system. DVMT returns whatever memory is no longer needed to the operating system.
- DirectX10 compatible
- Enhanced Video and 3D Engine
- Hardware Acceleration Decoded for Blu Ray
NVIDIA GeForce GT330M Discrete GPU:
- 1GB GDDR3 Video RAM
- PCIe x8
- Direct X10.1 compatible
Supports 2 physical hard drives; up to 1.6TB of storage (1TB + 640GB); STA-300
2nd hard drive via Optical Drive Bay
Optical Drive: Blu Ray Reader, Blu Ray Burner, DVD Burner
1x USB 3.0
3x USB 2.0
1x HDMI output
1x external VGA
1x Headphone jack
1x Microphone jack
1x S/PDIF output jack
1x RJ-45 LAN port
1x DC-in jack
- Auto Switching C adapter 90W, AC in 100~240V, 50~60Hz, DC output 19V, 4.74A
- Standard 6 cells Smart Lithium-Ion battery pack, 48.84WH
- Optional high capacity 6 cells Smart Lithium-Ion battery pack, 62.16WH
Battery life 240 minutes (UMA mode with 62.16WH battery)