Designed for desktop PCs and motherboards based on Intel Pentium 4 processors for Socket 775, including the upcoming dual-core Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition and Pentium D processors, NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition MCPs are the first to support NVIDIA SLI technology—the ability to combine the rendering power of two graphics cards in a single system, resulting in increased performance and unparalleled game play.
In addition to NVIDIA SLI technology, NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Intel Edition MCPs also incorporate features aimed at raising the bar on performance and innovation, including:
- NVIDIA DualDDR2 architecture, a high-bandwidth, 128-bit memory interface, providing up to 10.6GB/sec of memory bandwidth and support for DDR2-667MHz memory DIMMs.
- High-performance design with support for 1066MHz frontside bus (FSB), and multiple PCI Express configurations.
- NVIDIA QuickSync™ technology and DASP 3.0 technology to reduce system latency and maximize system performance.
- NVIDIA ActiveArmor™ technology, a hardware accelerated security firewall solution built directly into the silicon, designed to protect the PC from malicious spyware and hacker attacks. NVIDIA ActiveArmor technology also includes NVIDIA Firewall, an intuitive software interface with advanced security capabilities including remote manageability and automatic sensing when an application attempts to connect to the Internet.
- NVIDIA MediaShield™ technology, a robust storage solution that allows end users to confidently manage, store and backup their valuable data, including home movies, digital pictures and more. NVIDIA MediaShield technology incorporates:
- Bootable RAID 5, an optimal storage configuration for fast data access, additional storage capacity, and data protection.
- Support for up to four SATA and four PATA hard drives simultaneously, including those based on the newest SATA 3Gb/s hard drive technology.
- MediaShield Disk Alert System, a graphical, real-time feature that alerts end-users to hard drive failures or degraded performance environments.
- NVIDIA nTune™ technology, a Windows®-based interface that can automatically optimize PC configurations based on the applications being run and allows extreme overclocking of all key system components, including CPU, FSB, memory, PCI Express, and graphics.