Sharkoon introduced the SATA QuickPort XT, a new lineup of 2.5"/3.5" HDD/SSD docking stations. There are four different versions, you can get the product with USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 interface and each model is available in black or white.
The SATA QuickPort XT USB 2.0 will be available for 19.99EUR while the USB 3.0 version should retail for around 34.99EUR. Here are the specs of the USB 3.0 version:
With the SATA QuickPort XT USB3.0 we offer a docking station for SATA hard drives in classic black (with red lighting) and modern white (with blue lighting).
The hard drive dock provides a module slot for a 2.5" or 3.5" SATA hard drive and, of course, 2.5" Solid State Disks can also be used with the SATA QuickPort XT.
The hard drive station can be connected through a fast USB3.0 port.
For safety concerns the device offers a backup function in which the provided software can quickly and easily be installed and configured on the computer.
* Enables the direct connection of a SATA HDD to your PC
* Suitable for 2.5" and 3.5" SATA HDDs
* External interface: USB3.0 (max. 5 Gbit/s)
* Downwards compatible with USB2.0 (High-Speed)
* One click backup function
* Premium workmanship
* On/off button
* LEDs for power and HDD access
* Supported operating systems: Win XP/Vista/7 (32-bit and 64-bit)