Fractal Design shows off the Define Mini, the little brother of the Define R2/R3 cases. This new Micro-ATX case focuses on low noise, it's pre-fitted with noise absorbing material and features a ModuVent design that enables the user to choose between silence or optimal airflow. The Define Mini has room for two 5.25" devices, up to six 3.5" HDDs and four expansion cards (which can be up to 400mm long when the upper HDD cage is removed). Cooling is provided by a 120mm front and 120mm exhaust fan, but extra cooling can be provided by up to four additional fans. The speed of up to three fans can be controlled via an included fan controller and the front panel has USB 3.0 support. The case measures 210mm x 395mm x 490mm and weighs 9.5kg. Pricing and availability is unknown.
As the name implies, Define Mini is the smaller sibling of the acclaimed and award winning Define R2/R3 case. Being a Micro ATX version of Define R2/R3, it offers a number of interesting functions with a very stylish appearance. It's a case focused on low noise level, without neglecting other important features such as cooling, expandability and ease of use. The Define Mini excels in including a lot of features in a small size!
* Stunning front panel design
* Patent pending ModuVent™ design, allowing the user to either have optimal silence or optimal airflow
* Pre-fitted with dense, noise absorbing material
* 6(!) white painted HDD-trays, with silicone mounting
* A total of 6 fan slots (2x120mm in front, 1x 120/140mm in top, 1x120mm in back, 1x 120/140mm in side panel, 1x 120mm in bottom)
* Two 120mm Fractal Design 120mm fans included
* Fan controller for 3 fans included
* Upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable
* USB3 support in the front panel
* Excellent cable routing and cable routing covers
* Supports graphic cards with lengths up to circa 400mm when upper HDD bay is removed
* Extra, vertically mounted expansion slot, suitable for fan controllers or non-input expansion cards
The Define series is reaching new heights in combining stylish, contemporary design with maximum functionality and noise absorbing features. The minimalistic, yet stunning front panel design, fitted with noise absorbing material on the inside, creates an aura of exclusivity.
The patent pending feature ModuVent™, in which you can choose whether to have fan slots in side and top panels open or not, makes the case appealing for users seeking optimal silence, as well as the performance hungry ones.
The sleek black interior is matched with pre-fitted, dense noise absorbing material on the side panels, efficiently absorbing noise and vibrations. You can fit an astonishing total of six(!) hard drives into this case, using the user friendly HDD-trays. All painted in a nice white color and using black silicone mounts. PSU is mounted in the bottom of the case, with a convenient pull-out filter beneath it.
Are you one of those users always ending up with a case full of tangled cables? No more. The Define Mini offers a convenient and good looking way of hiding them away. The motherboard has rubber covered hole in which you can easily route the cables behind the motherboard.
* Fan controller for 3 fans included
* 1 rear Fractal Design 120mm @ 1200rpm included
* 1 front Fractal Design 120mm @ 1200rpm included
* 1 front 120mm fan (optional)
* 1 top 120/140mm fan (optional)
* 1 bottom 120mm fan (optional)
* 1 side panel 120mm/140mm fan (optional)
* 6x 3,5 inch HDD trays, compatible with SSD!
* 2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
* On top of front panel: 2x USB2, 1x USB3 and Audio I/O
* No PSU included (removable filter below PSU)M/B compatibility: Mini ITX and Micro ATX
* M/B compatibility: Mini ITX, Micro ATX and ATX
* 4+1 expansion slots with sleek white painted brackets
* Supports graphic cards with lengths up to ca 260mm when removable HDD-bay is in place
* Supports graphic cards with lengths up to ca 400mm when HDD-bay is removed
* Supports CPU coolers with height of ca 165mm
* Supports PSU's with a depth of maximum circa 170mm, when using bottom 120/140mm fan location. When not using the bottom 120mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSU's, typically 200-220mm.
* Case size (WxHxD): 210x395x490mm
* Net weight: 9,50 kg