Additionally, Fujitsu announced its new MHV2080BS and MHV2080AS series hard disk drives, Extended Duty configurations of its already rugged 2.5" SATA and PATA hard disk drive families. Fujitsu sees these extended duty models as one answer to the ongoing battle for improved durability, low power consumption, and near-silent operation.
With up to 80GB of capacity, the new hard disk drives offer ample storage for multimedia presentations, digital audio and video, and graphics with the ability to function flawlessly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As a result, they are particularity well suited for advanced storage requirements, including blade servers, network routers and POS applications.
Fujitsu MHV2100BH Hard Disk Drive Specifications:
- Capacity: 40GB, 60GB, 80GB, 100GB
- Rotational Speed: 5400 RPM
- SATA II Extensions to Serial ATA 1.0a and Electrical Spec. 1.0, ATA-7
- Native Command Queuing
- DIPM and HIPM Fully Supported
- Staggered Spin Up
- Hot Plug
- Best in Class Read / Write Power Consumption of 1.9W typ.
- Idle Power Consumption of 0.6W typ.
- Track to Track Seek Time: 1.5ms
- Host Transfer rate: 150 MB/s
- Operating Shock: 300G (2ms)