DV Hardware - bringing you the hottest news about processors, graphics cards, Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, hardware and technology!

   Home | News submit | News Archives | Reviews | Articles | Howto's | Advertise
 
DarkVision Hardware - Daily tech news
December 13, 2017 
Main Menu
Home
Info
News archives
Articles
Howto
Reviews
 

Who's Online
There are currently 60 people online.

 

Latest Reviews
Arctic BioniX F120 and F140 fans
Jaybird Freedom 2 wireless sport headphones
Ewin Racing Champion gaming chair
Zowie P-TF Rough mousepad
Zowie FK mouse
BitFenix Ronin case
Ozone Rage ST headset
Lamptron FC-10 SE fan controller
 

Follow us
RSS
 

Incapsula: 51 percent of website traffic is non-human

Posted on Thursday, March 15 2012 @ 20:50:35 CET by


Cloud-based website security provider Incapsula released a report about online traffic and claims just 49 percent of of a website's visitors are real humans. The other 51 percent consists of search engines (20 percent), spies collecting competitive intelligence (19 percent), hacking tools searching for vulnerabilities (5 percent), content scrapers (5 percent) and comment spambots (2 percent).
Incapsula, a provider of cloud-based security for web sites, released a study today showing that 51% of web site traffic is automated software programs, and the majority is potentially damaging, — automated exploits from hackers, spies, scrapers, and spammers.

The company says that typically, only 49% of a web site’s visitors are actual humans and that the non-human traffic is mostly invisible because it is not shown by analytics software.

This means that web sites are carrying a large hidden cost burden in terms of bandwidth, increased risk of business disruption, and worse.
Source: ZD Net



 



 

DV Hardware - Privacy statement
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2017 DM Media Group bvba