Icy Dock introduced the MB994SP-4SB-1, a new quad-bay SATA 6Gbps backplane:
Introducing the Icy Dock MB994SP-4SB-1 Full Metal Quad Bay 2.5" SATA 6Gbps backplane for use in a single 5.25" device bay. This new model uses a SATA 6Gbps interface and adds a fan power switch to control when you need it. The dual 40mm cooling fans in addition to the power switch for the fans allow for the best flexibility - Turn off when using SSD's and on when using mechanical SATA hard drives. The single 4 pin power connector reduces the amount of cables required and making installation simpler. The MB994SP-4SB-1 utilizes our EZ Slide Mini Trays that accommodate 9.5mm & 12.5mm drives which makes drive interchangeability and maintenance completely hassle free. The MB994SP-4SB-1 is made completely of metal to ensure protection of your drives as well as reliability. With it's small form factor, the MB994SP-4SB-1 is perfect for use in gaming PCs, RAID systems, and in small form factor cases where 5.25" bays are limited and large drive capacity or SSD's are needed.
* Fits 4 x 2.5" SATA I / II / III HDD/SSD.
* Accommodates Drives with up to 12.5mm Height.
* Fits 4 Drives into a Single 5.25" Device Bay.
* 1 x 4 pin power connector to reduce cable connections.
* Status LED on Front for Each Drive.
* Full Metal EZ Slide Mini Tray System with Full Cage Design.
* Small Form Factor Perfect for IPC, Servers, and Small Form Factor Cases.
* Fan Power Switch Allow User to turn off the fans when using SSD.
* Front, Rear, Top, and Bottom Ventilation Slots.
* Dual 40mm Cooling Fans.
* Heavy Duty Full Metal Construction.
* Support SATA 6Gbps.
* Top Cover for the Tray Adds Extra Drive Protection.
* Active Power Technology - Device only power up if there are drive installed.