Aqua Computer reveals the cuplex kryos NEXT, a new watercooling block series that brings some innovations to the market. The company claims these blocks deliver the best cooling performance on the market and have a very low flow resistance.
The cuplex kryos NEXT offers a wide variety of blocks, with different housing material option like plexiglas, Delrin, brass and copper. The base is made from copper or nickel-plated copper, but if you want to get really fancy you can also order models made from 0.925 silver.
The plexiglass models feature RGB LEDs to light up your case and Aqua Computer also offers blocks with VARIO, VISION or VARIO + VISION. VARIO is a new technique that enables you to adapt the geometry of the cold plate to the heatspreader of your CPU, this is done on-the-fly by adjusting four screws so you if you monitor the CPU temperature at the same time you can easily identify the best setting.
Models equipped with VISION feature a microcontroller board and an OLED display that connects to your motherboard via USB. The block features a water temperature sensor in the waterblock so the OLED screen can display information like the water temperature, fan speed, CPU load, date and time, etc.
Pricing starts at 59.90EUR for the most basic cuplex kryos NEXT versions. The VARIO models start at 114.89EUR, VISION starts at 94.90EUR and VARIO + VISION sets you back at least 149.90EUR. I had a quick look and I think the most pricey version is the cuplex kryos NEXT VARIO with VISION 1156/1155/1151/1150, nickel/.925 silver, that precious metal model goes for 269.90EUR
15 years ago, Aqua Computer set the standard with the introduction of the CPU water block cuplex.
Today, the company is releasing a highly innovative new CPU cooler, the cuplex kryos NEXT:
- Microstructure cold plate with FEM optimized deformation
- Extremely high cooling performance at low flow resistance
- Flush Mount System: Springs are located below the mounting bracket plane
- VARIO technology: New technology enables specific adaptation of the cold plate to the heat spreader of the CPU (Aqua Computer Utility patent)
- VISION technology: First-time integration of an intelligent OLED graphics display inside a CPU water block
- Temperature measurement: Accurate temperature measurement directly integrated at all models with VISION technology
- USB and aquabus interface for VISION models
- RGB LED: Extensive setting options allows to adjust the color (manually or depending on the operating parameters (for example CPU load, etc.))
- PVD coating available, highly scratch-resistant
- Nano surface protection for copper components
- Outstanding high-quality thermal grease Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is included in the scope of delivery
- Highly stiffened steel backplate with encapsulated silicone insulation - no rubber smell
The cuplex kryos NEXT impresses with the currently best cooling performance on the market and a very low flow resistance. High-precision CNC production and valuable materials underline the claims of this water block.
The unique innovative VISION technology can visualise almost any information at the display of the cooler. It is configured and controlled via USB using the familiar aquasuite software. A temperature measurement integrated directly inside the cooler provides further information.
With the protected VARIO technology, the shape of the cold plate can be changed from concave to convex for the first time at a CPU cooler and an optimal adaptation to the heat spreader of the CPU can be achieved.
Models with Plexiglas housing can be illuminated by an RGB-LED. The coolers with VISION technology already integrates a lightning option and can change the color of the cooler according to environmental parameters (for example, CPU temperature, CPU load, etc.)
The new mounting system has been designed to be extremely user-friendly thanks to flush mounted springs, new backplates and fixed stops.
Directly at the launch many different housing materials will be available, including Plexiglas, Delrin, brass and copper. Additional to copper, the cold plate is also available in pure .925 sterling silver.
Also there are different surfaces to choose from - as a novelty, for the first time, an aesthetic highly scratch-resistant PVD coating. For optimum heat transfer, the excellent thermal paste Themal Grizzzly Kryonaut is included in
the delivery contents.
The prices start from 59.90 Euro, most of the water blocks models are available immediately.