Besides the GeForce RTX 3060 video card, the GeForce 461.72 WHQL is also the first driver to support the new Crypto Mining Processors (CMPs). In particular, this version supports the NVIDIA CMP 40HX and NVIDIA CMP 30HX.
Fixed Issues in this ReleaseSo how is the new GeForce RTX 3060? A lot of reviews just hit the web, all of them being of custom-design cards as NVIDIA isn't making a Founders Edition of the RTX 3060. At least in theory, pricing starts at $329 but inventory is expected to be low, and real retail pricing will be a lot higher. Overall, the GeForce RTX 3060 is a very good option for Full HD or 1440p gaming systems -- if you can find one. The card is faster than the GeForce RTX 2070 and a lot of models run very cool.
- [G-SYNC][Edge of Eternity/Hitman 2]: The games experience stutter and low FPS when using hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in windowed mode. 
- [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings. 
- [The Isle]: Freestyle is not supported for the game. 
- [VIndictus][GeForce Experience]: The game cannot be recorded. 
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The application crashes when launched on Windows 10 (Version 1803). 
- Wallpaper Engine app may crash on startup or upon resume from sleep. 
- [Blu-ray][HDMI]: Flickering occurs in Blu-ray playback when played over HDMI. 
- Several desktop applications flicker when Vertical Sync is set to the default “Use the 3D application setting”. 
- [Ampere]: Chrome/Edge may experience random TDR while browsing.
- LG CX OLED TVs (2020) are not recognized as G-SYNC Compatible displays.
- [Surround][RTX 30 series] PC may display “no signal” message when enabling NVIDIA Surround. 
- [Notebook]: On some Notebooks, the 'Maximum Graphics Power' information missing in the NVIDIA Control Panel > System Information page. 
The GeForce RTX 3060 is the first card with the 8nm Ampere-based GA106 GPU. It has 3854 CUDA cores and a 192-bit memory bus. The reference specifications call for a 1320MHz base clock and a 1777MHz Boost. There's 12GB GDDR6 memory clocked at 15Gbps and the card offers 360GB/s of memory bandwidth. The TGP is 170W and one of the new things is that it's the first NVIDIA video card with anti-mining protection.
We still don't know the specifics of how this works, but the gist of it is that when Ethereum mining is detected, the card will drop the hash rate in half. It's not a driver-based feature, it is baked into the firmware and possibly into the GPU itself. Whether this will be enough to deter miners remains to be seen.