This is the first release of the replacement BIOS. It initializes all PCI peripherals and performs the PIC watchdog challenge, so that we have full and stable control of the machine. No Microsoft code or keys are used...
Functies in deze Prealpha release 1 :
- The box is booted, all of the PCI peripherals are initialized and placed into the memory map. (No video yet, although we have written much code initing it)
- The PIC watchdog challenge is performed, so avoiding being rebooted: we have full and stable control of the machine thereafter
- 64MByte RAM is available from 00000000
- C is supported (gcc), much of the BIOS is written in C
- A compressed Linux kernel is patched in at +0x8000 in the ROM image and copied into Xbox memory. We have not yet got this executing.
- Functionality to control I2C transactions, eg, control the frontpanel LED, read/write the EEPROM is implemented.
Meer info en download op http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/