- Upload to Picasa Web Albums Use the new "Web Album" button to
post your best photos online to share with friends and family.
- Save edits to disk Save edits, undo saves, and revert to the original
file with ease. We've got batch saving too! Picasa will even match the
jpeg quality of the original. Right-click on your saved files to try the
new "locate original" feature.
- Folder hierarchy views Browse through folders Explorer-style. Use the
button at the top of your Albums List to try them out.
- Improvements to Import Import into an existing folder- we know you've
wanted this feature for a long time! We've made importing photos from your
camera faster too.
- Better RAW support Now you can work with RAW files from the Canon 30D,
the Nikon D200, Adobe DNG files, and more.
- Many other enhancements Larger thumbnails, better caption editing,
ability to configure the row of buttons, special "Starred
Photos" album, search by ISO and focal length.
- The system tray does not close with loss of focus (if you bring up the
media detector menu, you have to either start picasa or stop the media
detector to get the menu to go away)
- Picasa notices don't stay on a given desktop. Picasa pops up notices to
let you know it's found new photos or has added photos to its library.
These notices come on the current desktop; some users would rather they
stayed on the same desktop that Picasa itself was on.
- Several BlogThis! features do not work properly with Picasa's embedded
browser window, such as spell check, the palette selector, and new account
- Music playback during slideshow doesn't work.
- If you have an NFS mounted home directory, the performance may be poor.
Picasa relies heavily on a lot of files in the ~/.picasa directory, and if
the home directory is slow, then Picasa will be slow. You can work around
this by making a directory in /var/opt/picasa/$USERNAME/ that corresponds
to your username. You have to have full rights to that directory.
- A few print providers (namely Photobox) do not work correctly.
- On multi-monitor displays, some interface elements do not display
correctly. We currently do not have full Xinerama support.
- Album uploaded as 'Public' album without selecting any of
'Public/Unlisted' radio buttons in Picasa Web Album dialog.
- Slideshow and Timeline do not show full-screen images when running on a
24-bit depth X server, even if that setting is checked in the Options
Product page: here