VirtualDub 1.8.1Posted on Monday, June 16 2008 @ 13:13 CEST by Thomas De Maesschalck
VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms (95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.
Build 29808 (1.8.1, stable): [June 15, 2008]
* The 'run as job' setting is now saved in the Save AVI dialog.
* Added distributed job queue mode.
* Added bob and non-interlaced field display modes to render preview.
* Added new test video mode: interlaced cube.
* Added option to run video compressor in a separate thread for better dual
* YCbCr resampler is now SSE4.1 optimized.
* Added command-line switches for minimizing/maximizing the window on
startup and setting process priority.
* AMD64: The threshold, grayscale, levels, logo, and brightness/contrast
video filters are now available.
* Plugins: Fixed bugs with and raised size limits for serialized input
plugin options data.
* Fixed cases where the crop/letterbox to aspect ratio options in the resize
filter were broken.
* Fixed another rare crash when exiting filter list dialog.
* Fixed Postpone and Delete buttons in job control dialog sometimes not
updating when a job state changes.
* Fixed swapping of AVI superindex and subindex settings.
* Fixed bugs with cropping in filter chain with YUY2 or UYVY formats.
* Mouse wheel scrolling with Shift held down (by key frame) now works
* Fixed infinite loop when attempting to convert a pal8 source to 4:2:0
* The initial load of AVI files is now faster over a network.
* TARGA files are no longer written all black when 32-bit RGB output is
* Added workaround for "image not in Y or YCbCr format" errors when reading
JPEGs from a RAZR V3 phone.
* Deleting a filter in the filter list no longer causes the checkboxes to
desync from the actual filter enable states.
* AVI: Files with truncated hierarchical AVI indices no longer result in
"missing 'movi' chunk" errors and can now be recovered.
* DV: Fixed decoding issue that resulted in some lost blocks.
* DDraw: Fixed occasional crash when another application forces full-screen
* Capture: Fixed crash in OpenGL screen capture mode related to occlusion
query based frame dropping.
* Capture: Fixed hang on shutdown when exiting with OpenGL screen capture
* Fixed crash when a script specifies arguments for a video filter that
doesn't take any.
* Data rate was reported incorrectly for the video stream in the status
* Fixed audio display.
* Fixed crashes and decompression errors with paletted video.
* Filter preview no longer shows bogus frames when previewing a filter chain
with edits on the timeline and no frame rate changing filters.
* Filters: Codec-friendly alignment works in resize filter again.
Product page: here