RJ TextEd is a full featured text and source editor with Unicode support, syntax highlighting and code folding. The functionality extends beyond text files and includes support for HTML editing with integrated preview, spell checking, auto completion, HTML validation, templates and more. The program also include support for Topstyle Lite CSS editor, has a dual pane file commander, as well as a FTP client to upload your files. Below is a small list of features available. For a full list check out the features section.
Dual document view
If enabled you can have document tabs in the left or right document view. The
views are displayed side by side and enables you to edit two files (side by
- You can move a document tab from one view to the other using drag n drop,
or using the tab context menu.
- Click in one view and all opened files are placed in that view.
- Added several tab context menu items to be used with dual document view.
- The view state is saved between sessions and this works with the option
"Reopen last opened documents at startup" as well.
You can now switch between text and hexadecimal view.
Context sensitive help in dialogs
Added context sensitive help in the options and print dialog. I also removed
these sections in the help. Note that the "?" mark in the dialogs is
not visible when skins are used. You can still use <F1> or the context
Editor toolbar alignment
Added options in the "View" menu to position the editor toolbar:
Sync edit mode
- Top Align
- Left Align
- Right Align
- Bottom Align
- Cut/Copy/Paste/Del features were added.
- Fixed some draw issues and made selection possible.
Changed the look of a closed block or region. It now has the same look as in
Visual Studio 2005 or Delphi 2007...
Indent guide lines
Added an option to enable indent guide lines in source code. They are
displayed as vertical lines between syntax elements that form a block and a
foldable area. You can give the lines 3 colors. The colors are rotated depending
on the indention.
Ascending and descending numeric sort of selected lines.
Smaller executable file
Made the program file smaller by moving some dialogs and data to .bdl files
(a Delphi .dll file). The .bdl file is only loaded if needed and then removed
from memory when finished.
Right margin line
This line can be turned off by setting the value to 0 (zero).
Made some visual fixes and changed the bookmark icons.
Fixed several issues.
Misc features and fixes
- Added tab context menu items like "Close all tabs except
- The options "Reopen last open documents at startup" and
"Always show a blank text document at startup" should now work
- Fixed several issues with open / save templates.
- The print dialog have a button to open the printer settings in
- Fixed a position problem with the auto completion list.
- A small language problem with "Save As..." menu item.
- URL:s in the about box have been fixed.
- Print/Preview should do nothing if no printer device is selected.
- Mouse cursor is changed when over a selection to indicate that you can use
drag n drop.
- Fixed a problem with the file has changed by an external program message
and word wrap mode.
- Fixed "Reload current document" menu item.
- A new tool must have a menu item title. It can not be blank.
- Fixed a text cursor problem in word wrap mode.
- You can not open the "Firefox" preview tab with Alt+F11 if the
mozilla component is not installed.
- Fixed several display issues