SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and more. One of the most interesting features of SMPlayer: it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to watch a movie but you have to leave... don't worry, when you open that movie again it will resume at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume...
* Now the dialog to find subtitles can also download the subtitle file
load it in smplayer automatically.
* (Linux) The black screen problem when using Compiz should really be fixed now.
* Added support for encoding autodetection for subtitle files. Requires a
mplayer compiled with enca support.
* (Linux) Now it's possible to choose the audio device to be used with alsa
(needs the application "aplay").
* (Windows) Now it's possible to choose the audio device to be used with
* (Windows) The menu Video->Screen displays now the actual available screens
with their names.
* Added the possibility to add consecutive files (video_01.avi, video_02.avi..)
automatically to the playlist.
* Bugfix: logout is not cancelled by smplayer.
* Now the options in preferences display a tooltip with a help message.
* Now it's possible to change the video track.
* Added the Galician translation.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 0.6.4 Size: 11.9MB Works on: Windows