Introducing xplorer², your windows file manager
All the shell goodies from windows explorer — none of the hassle! Plus all the features you would expect from a powerful tabbed dual-pane file manager, including Omni-Finder, a find files module that simply outclasses all known search tools. Don't take our word for it, seeing is believing!
* 64 bit compatibility. If you have 64 bit windows you'll appreciate the special 64 bit xplorer² that blends and integrates with all your x64 shell extensions. Note that the 32 bit version is a separate download.
* Portability. Users of the portable version will appreciate the new X2DIR environmental variable that is set automatically to the folder xplorer² is running from. You can access other tools on your USB relative to this, for example: say you have xplorer² portable under F:zabkat and some other tools under F: ools you can launch them using %X2DIR%.. oolsmyTool.exe. User commands (Customize menu) can be defined in terms of X2DIR for maximum portability.
* Faster startups. xplorer² was known to choke on unavailable network drives you happened to be browsing when you closed it. The new optional /N command line switch sorts this problem out.
* Default folder association. By popular demand xplorer² can takeover filesystem folders so that it opens instead of windows explorer whenever you click on folder icons on your desktop. To activate this mode tick the relevant box during installation. To get back to windows explorer uninstall xplorer².
* Registry settings editor. There are many useful tweaks through the standalone registry settings editor located in the installation folder. To name a few you can set a custom codepage to extend text searches in files, increase the number of toolbar icons associated to bookmarks and user commands, etc.
* Bug tracking. In the unlikely scenario you manage to crash xplorer² it will drop a small minidump file in the %TEMP% (temporary files) folder. If you email this to me with a small description of the circumstances, the odd bug will be squashed with ease. For instructions check out the bug report guidelines.
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Shareware Version: 18.104.22.168 Size: 5.98MB Works on: Windows