We've come a long way since 2.0.0-rc1 (more than 1 year ago!) to this 2.0.0 final version. I won't tell you all that we achieved on this time - I don't want to to burn your hamsters scroll wheel - so I'll stick to the highlights of this release, the links to sources, and the link to changelog.
Before we proceed to that tho, I want to please request your attention over a guy whose hard work made it all possible, and the sad fact that not much people knows him. This release is dedicated to Timo Kujala, tiku, the guy that ported the eMule 0.26d to linux all by himself, creating "lmule", and so the God Of Coding we all praise.
- aMule works on Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, Windows,
and probably other OSs that noone tested yet.
- aMule works on x86, amd64, ppc, ppc64, sparc, alpha, and AFAIK arm
(probably others also) CPU architectures.
- aMule has core/GUI separation, a mature daemon, and a
not-so-mature-but-still-working remote GUI, along with the webserver and the
text-mode user interface (amulecmd).
- aMule has the latest improvements on ed2k protocol, both on eserver
compatibility (thanks lugdunum) and client<->client communication
(thanks eMule dev. team). This includes eMule extensions over original ed2k
- aMule supports all wxWidgets flavours from 2.4.2 to the brand new 2.6.0.
The recomended version is, however, wxWidgets 2.6.0.
- aMule supports Unicode on GUI, internals, and network, and its totally or
partially translated to 28 languages
- And last but not least, aMule has the best users and supporters community
I've ever seen. I said it and I'll say it again: without you guys, this
project would have never reached its current state.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here