Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
- Notable Changes
- Added support for 64-bit Linux distributions.
- Added Linux yum/apt repositories.
- Added "Interleaved" style for Data Compare report.
- Added support for comparing data files without a key column.
- Command Line
- Fixed opening Text Merge never to use quick compare.
- Fixed hang when passing relative filenames containing wildcards as command
- Data Compare
- Added support for comparing files without key column.
- Improved to handle any embedded line endings within delimited cell.
- "Find", while positioned in details, now moves to cell containing match.
- Status bar now displays number of "difference row(s)" instead of "Important
- Fixed "Columns" session settings to disable controls appropriately and added
F2 shortcut for "Edit".
- Fixed handling of type errors (ex. "apple" shown in strikeout if column type
is numeric, broken in 3.1).
- Fixed numeric display handling not to lose precision.
- Fixed crash when editing column settings.
- File Formats
- Fixed saving default file format with a name to show "General" page.
- Fixed "Perl Scripts" definition of string.
- File Views
- Fixed "Next/Previous Difference Files" to be hidden if the parent session is
- Fixed "Next/Previous Difference Files" crash when files are no longer
visible in parent session.
- Folder Compare
- "Compare Contents" results dialog no longer repositions when switching
- Fixed file locking after moving files while rules-based content comparisons
- Fixed error handling when copying or moving files with ":" in their name.
- Fixed "Remove read-only flag when copying from a CD or DVD" when copying
- Fixed enabling "Move to Folder" and "Move" commands when comparing a
snapshot to a live folder.
- Fixed folder coloring when different and newer colors are the same.
- Fixed disabling "New Folder" and "Set As Base Folders" when only one side is
- Fixed folders on some NAS devices showing as hidden (h) after expanding them.
- Fixed using "Ignore Folder Structure" and "Archive handle -> As folders
always" together including both a zip and its contents in the folder listing.
- Fixed enabling "Load" path buttons (broken in 3.1.4).
- Fixed FTP listing parsing for wu-ftpd when it includes a full yyyy-mm-dd
date and hh:mm time.
- Fixed MDTM support so it accepts vsFTPd's 213 result code in addition to 253.
- Fixed parsing MVS folder listings where the number of extents for a file is
100 or greater.
- Hex Compare
- Default text color now follows color setting.
- Fixed crash when changing the number of bytes per line while comparing small
- Home View
- Fixed not to truncate captions of session buttons in certain conditions.
- Fixed title font size when the system font is larger than default.
- Fixed session name label so it's centered vertically relative to the session
- Added support for 64-bit distributions.
- Added Qt3 libraries as part of install package.
- .rpm/.deb packages now register Scooter Software repository with apt/yum.
- .tar.gz package now includes uninstall.sh.
- .tar.gz package now installs to /usr instead of /usr/local by default.
- Installer will now copy BC3Key.txt if it's present.
- Context menus now handle case where KDE files are in .kde/share/kde4.
- Various improvements to install.sh.
- Changed default fixed-width font to "Monospace 10".
- Fixed .deb packages reporting incorrect install size.
- Fixed session combobox dropdown height for some font sizes.
- Fixed text editor shifting characters as text is selected.
- Added support for copying/pasting the #0 (null) character.
- Activating a visible tab no longer tries to scroll it (broken in 3.1.10).
- External program not found message now includes part of command line
(conversions, open withs).
- Read-only settings files will no longer be overwritten.
- Fixed short date strings using incorrect format (m/d/y instead of d/m/y) on
some Windows 7 installs.
- Fixed line parsing memory access violation.
- Fixed crash when opening "Enter Key" dialog while clipboard is locked by
- Fixed context-sensitive help when the active control becomes disabled.
- Fixed "Save Workspace As" to initially disable "OK".
- Fixed handling of invalid dates in settings file.
- Fixed support for plugin views with more than one property sheet.
- Fixed displaying Unicode hints on various controls.
- Picture Compare
- Fixed hang when loading an invalid JPEG file.
- Fixed image format autodetection so it doesn't reload a file after
successfully guessing the format.
- Added Data Compare "Interleaved" layout.
- Folder Compare "Summary" report now includes file counts in each header.
- HTML reports now include <title> tag.
- Text Compare "Patch" report now uses .patch file extension.
- Replaced "Strikeout left orphans" option for Text Compare "Interleaved"
report with "Strikeout left differences".
- Added "Strikeout right differences" option for Text Compare "Interleaved"
- Added INTERLEAVED layout option for DATA-REPORT.
- Added STRIKEOUT-RIGHT-DIFFS option for INTERLEAVED layout in TEXT-REPORT.
- Replaced STRIKEOUT-LEFT-ORPHANS option for INTERLEAVED layout in TEXT-REPORT
- Text Views
- "Toggle Bookmark" and "Go to Bookmark" commands can now be customized.
- Text Compare
- Fixed crash when comparing files with lines containing more than 32,000 of
the same character.
- Trying to save a malformed binary DFM now shows an error message.
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Shareware Version: 3.1.11 build 12204 Size: 5.4MB Works on: Windows