Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
1. Upgrade Scintilla to version 2.21.
2. Fix a vulnerability issue: Load ScinLexer.dll with its full path to avoid hijack.
3. Fix Unicode file corrupted on saving bug (the buffer alignment issue).
4. Fix DBCS encodings file saving corruption bug.
5. Fix file containing NULL character loading bug.
6. Fix php syntax highlighting bug.
7. Fix dragging undocked window performance issue while using Vista Aero UI style.
8. Fix dragging undocked window performance issue while using Vista/Windows7 Aero UI style.
9. Fix large file truncated after loading problem.
10. Improve file loading performance.
11. Fix Shortcut Mapper inconsistence issue after deleting a macro or an user command.
12. Add 2 line wrap methods (default plus aligned and indent).
13. Add 2 menu commands : "Modify Shortcut/Delete Macro" and "Modify Shortcut/Delete Command".
14. Add "Modify" and "Delete" buttons on Shortcut mapper dialog.
15. Add macro new ability to record search and replace actions.
16. Fix SaveSession bug.
17. Remove characters count feature from the status bar due to its performance issue with UTF8 file.
18. Fix crash issue due to themes switching.
19. Make folding margin hidable.
20. Add NPPM_GETCURRENTNATIVELANGENCODING, NPPM_ALLOCATECMDID and NPPM_ALLOCATEMARKER message (to get the current native language enconding).
21. Change editing settings saving behaviour : one set of settings are applied in 2 scintilla controls (except zoom).
22. Add Statistics feature which is accessible from the menu command "Summary..." (under menu "View") and the 2nd zone of statusbar (double click).
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 5.8 Size: 3.93MB Works on: Windows