Calibre 0.7.24Posted on Tuesday, Oct 19 2010 @ 01:47 CEST by Thomas De Maesschalck
calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books.
* Content server: New interface that allows browsing via categories, similar to the Tag Browser in the calibre interface.
"You can access the new interface by going to /browse. So if your calibre content server is available at http://192.168.1.2, use http://192.168.1.2/browse. The new interface requires a fairly modern nrowser, so no Internet Explorer 6,7."
* Support for the SNB format, used by the Bambook e-book reader
* Driver for the Wifi Kobo
* Edit metadata dialog: If metadata is downloaded successfully, set focus to download cover button
* News download system: Allow recipes with optional subscriptions
Closes tickets: 7199 [External link]
* Templates: Improve the smarten function
* Linux device mounting: Use udisks, if it is available, to mount devices, so that I no longer have to hear bug reports from users using distro packages that have crippled calibre-mount-helper. You can turn off udisks by setting the environment variable CALIBRE_DISABLE_UDISKS=1
* Implement Drag'n'drop to tags in user categories
Closes tickets: 7172 [External link]
* Ebook viewer: Add command line option to start in full screen mode
* Set completion mode on search boxes to popup completion
* Update version of jQuery used in content server and viewer. Required a little hackery in the viewer, hopefully nothing broke
* Linux device drivers: Ignore read only partition exported by the device
* E-book viewer: Fix scrolling down with mouse wheel not always reaching bottom in windows
* Smarten punctuation: Fix bug in handling of comments and