BleachBit quickly frees disk space and tirelessly guards your privacy. Free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn't know was there. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean 90 applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari,and more. Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster. Better than free, BleachBit is open source.
* Wiping free disk space is now significantly faster. (The actual time will depend mainly on how much free disk space you have and how fast your disk is.)
* When wiping free disk space, show progress bar and estimated time to completion.
* To improve efficiency and maximize privacy, operations are now executed in this order: general cleaning, deep scan, RAM and swap cleaning, and free disk space wiping.
* Add menu option to wipe free disk space anywhere on the computer. One way this is useful is for wiping free disk space on removable media such as USB disks, or use it to avoid enabling the free disk space option checkbox (which most people should not use often).
* Add menu option to securely shred any folder (including all folders and files contained within) anywhere on your computer.
* Add context menu to options, so you can preview or execute individual options without changing any checkboxes. Just right click on an option (not a group of options) to see the new menu.
* Delete more icons found in Opera.
* Delete more URL history in Opera.
* Delete search history in Opera.
* Do not delete extension preferences in Google Chrome (which store configuration as HTML5 cookies).
* Fixed bug '[error 21] "is a directory" when shredding directories. (This bug existed only in version 0.8.2.)
* CleanerML (Cleaner Markup Language) now supports glob for walk.all and walk.files.
* Specific to Linux
o Add RPM packages for openSUSE 11.3.
o Add ..deb package Ubuntu 10.10 final
* Specific to Windows
o Support Opera 11 beta
o Clean more MRU in WinRAR.
o Clean more DOM Storage in Internet Explorer
o Clean more Windows logs
o Delete more cache on Adobe Reader.
o Installer and portable downloads have simpler filenames.
* Specific to web
o Updated FAQ to include new section "Things to know"
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here